Sunday, July 22, 2012

Heavy eyelids, Burdened heart, Encumbered mind

Cold breeze will always aid in getting a good rest at night. But that is not the case tonight. Partially alert mostly drowsy, I retrieved my password and start to post rants, again.

It is easy to figure out how many months had passed since I last logged in, but reading the last post might result in embarrassment, for I was young and became excited too easily under the influence of unnecessary hype of trivial matters. Mostly, I just do not care.

I found a 9 to 5 job recently, hence quit the business I was so fond of. Yeah, six months had passed since I started working and not a week went by without me reminiscing the good old days. The hours slaving in the kitchen, won some trophy scars when operating the commercial oven, and it all ended with a sweet smell of pastries and bread coming out from the oven. And then I ate them, under the obligation of Quality Control.

The job in the office had become a routine, so weeks went by quickly, whether or not I regained substantial energy and willpower to do the same thing as soon as the daylight approaches.

I am not whining, oh no I would not dare. I got my wish, to be independent and other crap, and plus I am satisfied with the pay. It is just so much going through my mind that revolves around work, I can not stay apathetic as I preferred on living my life.

The list goes like this:
- Organizing the flow of distributing new notes for Hari Raya Puasa, taking in account to reserve a portion for staffs and VIPs. Have I mentioned that I am a banker? And I am the cashier? And I count like sleepy people counting sheep?
- Getting sales. Oh God this is the hardest part. I remembered being sweet talked into getting insurance and credit cards, and how I despised them. You should hear me on the phone. But now I have to do it. Life is not a fairy tale. At least it is for Taylor Swift. (p/s: Please do not compose hatred break up song of Mark Foster. You know it is inevitable. Get a hold of yourself!)
-...

Oh that's all. But it is a lot thinking to do for someone who is raised under the spoon-fed national education policy like me. 

Too much disappointment. I should be mollified, not improving the sarcastic-ism. 

Happy Ramadhan anyways. I want zuhud-ness in life, being contented with worldly affairs and aim for a peaceful hereafter. That matters most, I should believe.

No comments: