Thursday, November 18, 2010

Aidil Adha@Penang

Heh not a conventional move, but I did celebrate Aidil Adha in Penang, along with Ms Designer. The initial idea was accompanying her beraya di perantauan for the first time, but in the same time I met a new friend and rekindling an old flame. Haha flame my foot. Rekindling an old friendship, a friend I haven't see for three full years.

On Monday from hometown Melaka, I took the bus to KL, staying there for a night at Nyah's (my auntie) house. The journey to the north started the next day, where I jumped on the bus to Penang and numbed my bottom for four-and-a-half hours. Truth to be told, the bus ride was very comfortable. I had my sweater on and the girl beside me was petite, I can sit in the middle of our seats without her complaining.

Arriving in Sungai Nibong bus station, Nyah and Dila's mutual friend, Kak Renee picked me up. For an innocent, lost soul like me, Kak Renee sure is my benefactor during my stay here. We went for lunch at E-Gate, an area near Queensbay where all I can see were restaurants, hungry people and promotional buntings of each and every restaurants. We sat there for nearly two hours, eating noodles while establishing rapport. I was taken aback on how well-informed Kak Renee of my life. It was refreshing to hear what other people have to say about me and my family haha.

She then drove us to USM, where we meet Ms Designer or Ms I(nterior)D, for a sophisticated feel. Ms ID just finished her last paper for the semester. We fetched her and her friend from their exam hall named Hamzah Sendut (the name will cling tightly in my frontal lobe for the rest of my life) and off we go to Queensbay Mall. Had our dinner there, speculated whether J.Co's waiter is a gay, brushed off a taxi driver who wanted RM20 for a ride back to USM, finally we arrived at Ms ID's college by the love and car/care of Kak Renee. Settling down for the night, I never knew that was the last time I'll see Ms ID's friend, even though we stayed two rooms apart. Misteri..

The next day was Aidil Adha. I was surprised from slumber by the vicious, never ending bell ring of the college. At 4 am. I woke up, watching Ms ID still calmly sleeping on the opposite bed. She told me to sleep of the faulty alarm. It was like tinnitus, but my sleepy head is well, headstrong. But I was soon awake again from the Takbir. Father's face appeared in my head, and I spent 5 minutes imagining a typical morning raya before resuming my sleep. Hey don't judge me, I'm a woman blessed with ABC (Allah Bagi Cuti).

At 9.30 am, we went out for breakfast with Kak Renee. She then sent us to Gurney Plaza. Me and Ms ID drooled our time off watching Chris Pine in Unstoppable, a true story of a runaway train in North/South (short term memory wasn't functioning well) Pennsylvania. I then called my friend, Ir hoping to meet her there. But I should know better that Hari Raya means family gathering, but as a well-known thick-skinned person, I kept on texting her. Gimme a break, we haven't see each other for 3 years. She picked us up from Gurney Plaza and brought us to her Nana's home in Kampung Harriot (silence the t, so it sounds French).

We had our lunch there, and of course trading stories of our fellow ex-classmates. Ir had some rough moments, but she's doing superb now. It was mesmerizing to see how beautiful her family members were (does it sounds creepy?sorry for the lack of self-control). Meeting Ir was also refreshing, and I would love to meet her again in the near future.

She later drove us back to USM, at around 4 pm. Ms ID and I were happy, satisfied, full and sleepy. We did some packing up, drooling (again?) while watching Mizushima Hiro and talking about our future. InsyaAllah all our effort up to this point will not be in vain. InsyaAllah, insyaAllah.

This morning, Ms ID went off to her driving school. She'll be tested by JPJ to get her P license. Me? I'm left in her room, doing minor packing (lie) so by the time she's finished, we can get ready to board the bus back to KL.

Signing off. Have to pack Ms ID's lappy now.

2 comments:

aliaaroslan said...

what an exciting journey! i want mc d now!

Momoe said...

haha..coincidently, the journey ended with us having mc d along with dila's friends before we head back home by bus. happy ending <3