Monday, January 24, 2011

A Fresh Change - 2d 1n with Newlyweds

I went to KL last weekend intended to live in solitude while revising first aid theories for the upcoming (plus dreaded) basic first aid exam.

I arrived in Red Crescent Society HQ on Saturday, for we had last-minute preparation before the exam on Sunday. When it was time to part ways in the evening, I asked Abang Zizan to drop me off in the nearest train station. But Kak Zuri and Abang Zizan had other plans for me. They invited me to stay overnight at their crib, thus making me the first person to come to their place amongst friends.

Of course I was feeling troubled at first, all nice guests are, no?xD As soon as we reached their apartment, Kak Zuri went to the kitchen and thawed some chickens she had pre-marinated. I was surprised, does she had premonition that she'll have me staying in her house? after further investigation, it appeared that it's her habit to make ahead dishes for swift cooking. She then cleaned the house while Abang Zizan chatted with me in the living room.

Abang Zizan then drove us to Tesco for some groceries. Abang Zizan said me tagging along feels like bringing a daughter who got amused by how picky her mother chooses veggies. We got home and continued cooking. Kak Zuri made ayam masak lomak cili padi and sayur campor, while Abang Zizan cooked the rice (had to give him the credit for the perfect rice). Oh and one more thing, I didn't have a drop of plain water during my entire stay there, because I was hooked on Abang Zizan's mama's ayer mata kucheng. Forgive me my kidneys.

Earlier, I blabbed to Kak Fiza and Abang Fendi (also a newlywed, same first aid class) that I was staying over at Abang Zizan and Kak Zuri's. Kak Zuri then invited them too, and so they came. So I upgraded myself from the third wheel to the fifth wheel (?) All five of us had a blast really, although it was just dinner and studying. The food were good, really looking forward to have them again.

Some of us shared the same style of memorizing facts. Me and Kak Fiza had to write them to stick them, meanwhile Kak Zuri had to verbally revised them. But Abang Zizan and Abang Fendi fumed me for some reason. They can understand+memorize by just listening to Kak Zuri. Then again, all boys do, no?

I went to bed at 1 am, leaving my comrades revising till the wee hours. Abang Fendi and Kak Fiza burned the midnight oil, something I can't do even during my university years.

Next morning, we left the house at around 8 am, and had our breakfast at Kak Zuri's uncle's roti canai stall. Abang Fendi looked tired on-and-off, while Kak Fiza told me she felt sleepy with a fresh face, no sign of eyebags even. But overall, we were quite excited to pour out all the uploaded info from last night.

Written paper exam started at 10.45 am, and I feel quite happy with myself. I think others do, too. But the real challenge came when the Malay language master, Mr. Pramjit conducted our CPR practical. The pain of finding the exact words to explain our actions: priceless. The practical that started at 2 pm closed its curtain at 6 pm, and not before he started torturing by asking us one by one the definition of conditions in basic first aid treatment, and put it in the simplest but exact sentences thank you.

Personally instead of holding grudge towards him, I felt ashamed of myself. His strictness made me empathized those UiTM's Red Crescent Society kids I used to treat unjustly for their lack of knowledge and experience, and in the same time saw myself as the superior one just because I had the 'senior' title. All of us made a vow not to leak this matter and keep the embarrassing event in our circle, but I just have to write it down so the feeling while keep lingering. As they said it, Melayu mudah lupa~

We had our dinner after that near Abang Sumi's office before we part ways. Abang Fendi and Kak Fiza sent me to the LRT station before Abang Jack picked me up and off to Melaka we went.

In a nutshell, this experienced evoked the good old days feeling, when I was surrounded by friends and we will share laughs all day long. I'm looking forward for the next meeting for a 3d 2n camping in Jugra on February.

Wish you were here, Ms Julie^beth *_*

1 comment:

aliaaroslan said...

jelesnya korang jumpa-jumpa borak-borak makan-makan..

wish i was there too!