Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Today's meals are on us, Momoe

Stepping out from the interview room, I feel the sense of emptiness inside. Partly because of the light breakfast, but also because reflecting of how I carried myself during the session, I might have left a negative impression of myself. And I also learned how unfortunate to be the second candidate. You are summoned before you can pick up anything from the first interviewee, and you had to leave without hearing other people's experience.

The 1st 10 minutes was ice-breaking session, since the interviewers said I looked nervous. I rubbed my palms against each other and I wasn't secreting a single sweat. Yeah, my infamous sweaty palms were out of service that morning. I started losing the will to fight after meeting the other six girls who came for the interview. 5 were fresh out of schools and one was an otai (old timer) from private practice. The following 10 minutes was the realization of me+interviewer on my chronic self-esteem issue, and the final 10 minutes was a consoling session of the interviewers that I was selling myself short, and apart from that, I made a hell of a businesswoman (because talking non-stop is my forte?)

I can't bring myself to tell this to Father, Mama, Auntie Nyah, Kak Rini, Kak Ela and Pak Utih. As soon as the restlessness of keeping a secret strikes me, I felt asleep. Since I arrived home at 3 pm today, I slumbered twice. That's why I was so glad Erol came to visit me after the interview. Erol is already a therapist in PPUM, and he rooted for me to get the job. His eagerness won't affect the outcome actually, but having friends' support really matters in some situations. He brought me for a waffle and latte treat, and walked me to bus stop.

Oh man, now I feel troubled letting down all those people who had high hopes in me. Eyes are shutting down too.

Let's pray for everybody's well-being and peace of mind starting now, Tanaka Koki said that to me, through telepathic course.

Momoe signing out to combat delusions!

No comments: