Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Of Essay and Account

A memory crosses my mind.

I was reading an essay exam question. A very cute title, 'You have 1 million ringgit, how would you spend it?' I raised my head, sweeping away my bushy hair. I stared blankly at the handsome Cikgu Azman, my Malay language teacher (haha, he's a darling). He grinned. I looked back at the paper and started scribbling.

One week later, Cikgu Azman handed out our exam paper. I got 2. Out of the allocated 30 marks. He smiled and said, "this is Malay language, you should write an essay, not make an account sheet on how you'd spend your money. Don't get confused next time". I can see Wan Muhd. Hafizuddin and Syahirah looked at me with perplexed faces.

That was 10-year-old Momoe, back during her green days.

2 comments:

aliaaroslan said...

full name of wan muhd. hafizuddin. where's the bin?

you can do an accounting subject as young as 10 years old. that is an early detection of becoming a successfull business women in the future. insyaAllah.

Momoe said...

haha he was one of my schoolmates whom passed pts, so he's kinda memorable. but i did remember syahirah is binti abd. halim.

umm actually, i never had the chance to balance the account. maybe i was stuck with an overdraft :D