Sunday, October 24, 2010

You are what you eat

I'm a business person. So it's only natural to support other fellow businessmen. I like wandering around flea markets and buy any product that caught my attention a.k.a gaudy stuffs.

Today I went to Amcorp Mall in PJ. They organised flea markets in the mall every Sunday. Most of the hawkers sell vintage stuffs and decorative ornaments. There are stalls selling adult collectibles too. And, behold, they have cake stalls too. I bought a jar of coconut cookies and several packets of home-made chocolates. The cookies are divine, tough and crumbly, the way coconut cookies are supposed to be. 5 stars!

Then comes the chocolates. I can still remember the sweet, motherly smile of the madam selling those morsel-sized chocolates. She had chocolate with dried kiwis, chocolate with cashew nuts and chocolate with dates. I bought all 3 variations and scored myself a freebies, mystery square-sized chocolate wrapped in golden paper.

The chocolate wasn't so nice, tasted like the time I made chocolate using compound dark chocolate plus cheap white chocolate to taste. It tasted more like dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate, bland in short. The barely-there kiwis, cashew nuts and dates were adding salt to the wound. But the ones that made me stopped eating was the mystery chocolate. It was so bland it made the raisins added tasted like plastic. My verdict: minus one star.

The aftertaste is still lingering in my mouth. Maybe it's all in my head, but I'm sure this unpleasant memory will trigger nauseous reaction during this entire week.

Lesson of the day: When cocoa craving kicks in, always stick to Cadbury.

No comments: