Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sungkyunkwan Scandal










The debut of my Korean addiction. A gist of the story: The heroine girl took over her brother's place and become Kim Yunsik aka Big Man, a student in Sungkyunkwan school/university/studying place?. Because formal education is only available for boys, she has to well, become a boy. I personally think she has no problem because the boys are looking like girls anyway. Those hairless and pretty faces. Enough said.

Let's talk about the eye candies. There's the upright Lee Sunjeon, who is envied because he is the prime minister's son. It's funny when he tries to be as philosophically as possible in as many occasion as possible. But amidst his untouchable outlook, he's very helpful to Kim Yunsik, and sometimes uncomfortably close too, considering that he knows her as a he. Anyway I'm rooting for him to score the chick, coz he's just adorable wink wink*

And there's the rebellious Mun Jaeshin. He has the typical attitude 'I know I'm fabulous but life is boring' found in most Korean heroes. Maybe it's some sort of a dream boyfriend over there. Maybe this character is too common, so his kind gesture towards Kim Yunsik doesn't affect my preference of the other protagonist.

Up to yesterday, it has been six episodes aired. I don't want to expect anything because I'll end up googling for it. I don't want to get busted for googling a Korean drama. Let's tuck this obsession-in-the-making neatly between knitting and photography.

2 comments:

aliaaroslan said...

annyeong!!! julie imnida!!! gwenchana? sila tengok cerita painters of the wind. best jugak.

Momoe said...

T.T please please translation. Painters of the wind? alright I'll write it somewhere, still as busy as a bee skrg cewah. Got macho boys or not? haha demand kene tinggi!